Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jaem sat still and watched Dalvin deliver his response. It seemed so long ago that the fledgling band rescued the stalwart from a life of slavery, but every time his uprightness and good conduct showed itself against the backdrop of the city, it splashed new life on Jaem like cold water from a basin. Frankly, they were lucky to have Dalvin among them. The Tiefling asked for the holy knight's counsel often, and he would follow his friend into this decision as readily as he had many others.

    "Seconded." He declared quietly, rising to his feet.

    OOC: Ready!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

    Comment


    • Laria motioned to another halfling server who ran and came back from the kitchens with a ceramic mug of steaming coffee. "Go, quickly then," she said to them, handing the mug to Raina. "I'll rally up some of the tieflings in case you need backup."

      The trio set off, Raina leading the way. Aria park was fully on the other side of the city and each Dottari guard patrol passed made them all anxious, but it ended up being an uneventful trip over. Aria Park had quieted since the protest and they made their way through the almost calm green space to a fountain in the back corner. Five Chelish Citizen's Group thugs had cordoned off a pagoda in the center of a lily pond. Several doghouses were set in the center and two great starved mastiff's were chained up near either entrance. The wooden structure of the doghouse had dozens of nails driven through it intended to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the prisoner within. They all knew that "doghousing" as it was called was Barzillai's Thrune's favorite form of public torture and that the prisoner would be let out twice a day to fight the dogs for scraps of food or water. It was rarely lethal, but since this was unofficial anyway there was no way of knowing how long the thugs intended to keep Zea locked up in there.

      Currently three thugs were on the eastern side of the pond while two more guarded the west. They seemed content to shout insults towards the center pond and egg on the two massive dogs prowling around the doghouse. The trio had a moment to plan how they wanted to handle this situation. Unbeknownst to them another figure was watching from the shadows. Quiylus, currently on the run from everything he had ever known, was hoping that the foolish Thrune thugs would draw out the rebellious elements he was searching for. Nothing had appeared so far, but his hunches were rarely wrong about such things.

      OOC:

      Please see the map below and let me know how you want to approach this. We'll say you're currently about 50 feet away, but it's all open terrain between you and pond. You guys decide on a plan, and we'll go from there. Dave, just let me know when you want to jump in.


      1-5=Thugs; M1 and M2= doggos; D=dog house
      Moderator

      Characters:
      -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
      -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
      -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

      Comment


      • The trio moved forward after a hushed discussion. Though they wanted a more developed plan they also knew that these Chelish Citizens Group members were little more than bullies. They would probably run at the first sign of battle anyway. They moved forward, ready for anything.

        "Oy!" the nearest one shouted. "Stay back if you know what's good for you, unless you want to end up like this devil bitch in the cage," he said with a smile. His nearest compatriots all laughed.

        OOC:
        Sorry for the delay, I started playing the new Pathfinder Kingmaker video game and got distracted. Let's get combat started. I didn't see an answer on whether you guys were trying to stealth or not, so I just got you close enough to where the guards would tell you to scram.

        Initiative!

        Good guys:(8) + 3= 11

        Bad Guys:(10) +1= 11.

        You guys had the higher bonus, so you guys are up first!

        Moderator

        Characters:
        -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
        -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
        -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

        Comment


        • Dalvin brushed past Jaem as he circled around the reach of the nearest thug to position himself into striking distance. These ‘guards’ were the worst sort of cowards, hiding behind an increasingly unjust society as an excuse to enact the cruelties that lingered in their hearts. But even they should be given a chance to surrender. His sword flew free of its scabbard, and Dalvin cried out in a clear voice. “Lay down your arms and you might be spared!” He gripped his sword with confidence, ready to deliver righteous fury to the thug standing before him.

          OOC:
          Move action: move 1 square E through Jaem’s square, 1 square NE, 1 square NW (ending to the right of #2) and draw weapon
          Free action: demand the surrender of the bad guys
          Standard action: Ready a power attack for when #2 invariably doesn’t surrender

          Comment


          • Jaem stayed rooted where he was. Both hands dropped to the hilts of his stabbing blades, yanking them from their scabbards. He would back Dalvin. He didn't think that they would back down, but there was a chance, and bloodshed should be avoided when possible.

            OOC: Jaem will stay still, draw his swords, and see what happens.
            Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

            Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

            Comment


            • Raina reached into her belt and pulled out a smokestick, her other hand ready to grab a bomb when the fighting gets started. The paladin clearly was in charge here and wanted to avoid bloodshed where possible. A noble goal to be sure, although these Thrunish thugs rarely understood the concept of mercy... or good sense. But perhaps this one time they'd realize their impending failure and this whole fight could be avoided. Unlikely though. Raina stood at the ready, smokestick in hand.

              OOC: ready an action to throw my smokestick (which will create a 10ft cube of smoke ala fog cloud spell) at the two squares in front of #3, on the water walkway. The plan is to obscure what the other guards are seeing and give us a little cover if needed. (sorry I was so late)

              Comment

              Working...
              X