Announcement

Collapse

Dragonlance Forums Closing July 25th

Dear friends,

Nearly twenty years ago, the Dragonlance Forums were created to be an online hub of Dragonlance discussion. I have been very proud of the work we have done here.

All good things, though, must come to an end. There are several reasons....

a. No new posts in Novels since March. No new posts in gaming since May. In other words, next to no traffic.

b. Forums are a thing of the past, with a few exceptions (such as the Piazza!). People don't go somewhere looking for content. They want content to come to them.

c. The DL forums are a resource hog. I would have to get much more expensive hosting to keep them online, and that won't come cheap.

d. Maintenance. Honestly, vBulletin is a PITA. There's a major upgrade coming. I don't have the knowledge to tackle this. My son Travis does, but he's busy enough.

e. Currently, the forums are being hosted on a computer in my living room. This computer was at Travis' house, but he's trying to cut down expenses, so the computer came here to get the internet experience they need.

So while I would hate to see the forums go, I have come to realize that what I worked to create was really a community. That community has migrated over to Facebook to the Dragonlance Fandom group, and is something like 7,000 - 8,000 members strong.

With all of that being said, the Dragonlance Forums will close on Sunday, July 25th.

I wanted to say a huge thank you to all the moderators, authors, game designers, and contributors throughout the years.

And as Stan Lee would say...

"Face front, True Believers!"

Trampas Whiteman
Dragonlance Nexus
See more
See less

New Members - Look here before posting!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief Hello

Hi, new fan of DL as of 2019. Listening to the audio books on my commute. I am a huge fan of the Death Gate cycle which led me to Krynn. Thanks for building a community like this and letting me be a part of if.

-evilgriff

Comment

• hey guys, long time user of this forum, master of all of krynn history, and lexicon expert and contributor of all things high ogre related, where you will see my entries and artwork on the lexicon

I just wanted to pop in since it's been quite a while since I have posted here and say hello

Comment

• Welcome, all!
        Trampas Whiteman
        ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
        -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Comment

• The name's Sebastian.

Thank you for having me. Hello to all and to all a welcome! I am Sebastian. I partied since I was 14 years old. Well a lot sooner actually- but I moved to the other neighborhood with a reputation and it officially started there. Then we moved back and I refused to be anyones guardian for free- and they were to actually fake to even try and care about themselves so I conquered the neighborhood with noisecomplaints, a fight, toughness, and persistant noise complaints. I even made it a command score and got myself involved with my High Schools team spirit; mascots colors (which is a Charger) in camouflage pants and a sweater with the coat-of-arms on the back (my P.E. shirt still exists so that too got the coat-of-arms) and two beanies of the colors with the motto "Fear the Chargers".

I started to work at 23 and while mastering HAZOP management I began swordsmanship to continue my roleplaying and good fortunes. I chose a spirit-animal for barbarianism/Martial Arts imperativeness to be my family-crest. I am the Malayan Pit Viper!

party-animal aside...

I'm a dragonologist, and I like to roleplay as a Prince that became a sword-hunter/space-mercenary. I don't pick an idol/or other character I just be myself and never stop roleplaying as myself. It's so Anti-Villain!

I didn't do that Treasure Island pirate story walk in the library. I instead got involved with played RuneScape with a bunch of other boys at my library and ended up honing how to make fun of my sister. As for books I did stormtrooper books, darth maul, sith warriors (the Jedi that vs'd them were lovely[but I just couldn't take the overly peaceful way of the Jedi as a read- but Galaxy of Fear made it.), and dragonlance.

During those moments I was skateboarding and training on RuneScape/Xbox and studying Dungeons & Dragons NPCs/classes to better my monster-hunter. And on January 16th 2019 I finally played for the first time. I played as my one and only herald to myself: a Malayan Pit Viper viperoid.

They made me a Champion. But it was short lived. I couldn't risk dying at such a high level with null experience to it all. After the third time at my Dungeons & Dragons Adventurers League I left the Tomb of Annihilation to continue my quest to slay a dragon. I did enter the league with a packet- I chose the Weapon-Master class, Sell-Sword subclass, and a Shadow Bringer background from dandwiki.com.

I found out during that partying that I am the Seven of Spades and got a black spade tattooed on my left arm. I also got "DEATH" on my right inner forearm. Been trying to keep my Mohawk steadily trimmed since then.

I'm from Poland and the U.S.A.
          PEACE!

Comment

• Hello Dragonlance Universe

Hello Everyone,

As you can tell I'm a Dragonlance fan, as we all are. If you haven't read them all, what are you doing with your life lol. I'm married and father of five kiddos. I'm prior military US ARMY, Paratrooper 65th MP CO ABN out of Ft. Bragg. Any diehard Dragonlance fan or military feel free to add me (or anyone else who needs a friend). I'm thrilled to be here. I've heard about the Nexus for awhile, so I'm happy to finally be part of it!

Comment

• 'Allo...

So... I started reading Dragonlance when they were first published, all those years ago. I bought my copy of Dragons of Autumn Twilight in Walden bookstore. I was hooked. But as time went on, other things grabbed my attention and took me far, far away from Krynn.

Now...how many years later? I'm in my middle years with a wife and kids and I find myself unexpectedly pulled back into the Dragonlance tales. I'm starting all over again, right from the beginning.

For most of my life I've been a very sun, summer, beach, tropics oriented person. About 2 years ago, I dunno know what the heck happened. It's like somebody flipped a switch and now I only want snow and mountains. Ergo... Frost Dragon.

Anyway, nice to be here, glad to meet everyone.

Comment

• Long time user of the Nexus (both iterations) and longer time lover of all things DragonLance! Couldn't find the old forum credentials so started from scratch. Hoping to finally be about putting my Krynn ideas somewhere other than simply my head and a notebook lost to the ages!

Comment

• Hello

Hi everyone, I've been a long time lurker (old user who forgot all previous log in info) of these forums. I've been running an AD&D Dragonlance campaign off and on since the late 80's, though did take a fairly long bit of time off due to my group and I focusing on other hobbies.
                  Whenever we are able to game in person again, we plan on resurrecting the campaign, we even gained a few players new to RPG's and Dragonlance.

I had a few questions; is there a DL Nexus discord or twitch? And does anyone know of any resources (especially actual play) of AD&D era Dragonlance? I've seen plenty of 1e/2e Greyhawk twitch streams and discords, but sadly have not found any Dragonlance.

Thank you!

The Wanderer

Comment

• Greetings!

I’m a big AD&D and Dragonlance (and Greyhawk) guy, and always down to talk about it. But I’m afraid I’m not familiar with twitch or discord, and unsure what an actual play is.
                    Michael FalconerDragonlance FAQDragonlance Product ListThe Matter of Theology by Jeff Grubb

OSRIC (free PDF)

Comment

• I think he's talking about what Dragonhelm and the others are doing here, but with 1E/2E instead of 5E.

The Nexus does have a Twitch channel here, by the way.
                      Formerly Daos Soulstaff

Comment

• I’m thinking of doing it, I’m just still trying to wrap my head around the idea that people would watch it.
                        Michael FalconerDragonlance FAQDragonlance Product ListThe Matter of Theology by Jeff Grubb

OSRIC (free PDF)

Comment

Working...
                        X