Future of the Dragonlance Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxvale View Post
    1. I have never and will never be on Facebook or Twitter or non message forum board sites....
    You are smarter than me!

2. I know I'm probably the "old guy" here whining....but if you make a new site and there's only a dozen or so people to start.....what's wrong with that? (I don't know anything about running a website though.....maybe you NEED a certain number of hits or it gets cancelled?) Personally, I'd rather have a 'core' group of people who tend to come here to talk Dragonlance stuff than 1,000 people having 800 different conversations.....but again, apologies for my 'get off my lawn' kind of attitude.
    No minimum requirements like that to keep a website up.

Max, take a look at the Piazza's Dragonlance Forums. I think it will have what you're looking for.

The Piazza is a message board about various RPG settings, as well as various D&D and Pathfinder game systems. Each of their forums is like a community of its own. For example, the Mystara community is quite vibrant there.

Many of us here are also over there.

I don't know....just spit ballin' here.....but as a final note; whatever you decide, thanks for running this place!
    Thanks for your kind words and your input.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Comment

Did we already lose one of the sub-forums?
      Formerly Daos Soulstaff

Comment

Originally posted by Errant Crownguard View Post
        Did we already lose one of the sub-forums?
        Yeah, I killed the trading post and one of the non-DL ICRP games that came to an end.

Sorry I didn't give advance notice.
        Trampas Whiteman
        ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"

Comment

It's been a long time since I was on the Piazza site.....thanks for reminding me of that cool place and I will certainly be spending more time there in the future!

Comment

I joined this forum in 2004 and it has been a great place to walk shoulder-to-shoulder with fellow Dragonlance fans. I picked up Dragons of Autumn Twilight for the first time back in 1986 and have never let the world go. This place (the forums) is highly sentimental to many, if not all, of us. There were some 'altercations' but all-in-all, we did strive to make the most of our shared adoration for what Weis and Hickman crafted. No matter where I need to go for my Dragonlance fix, I will go.

Also, I used to be rather active mostly under the in-character roleplaying section; but alas, everyone has left. There are still a lot of old roleplay storylines I'm still trying to copy and paste to my own website for longevity and nostalgia sake, so hopefully any sort of decision to let this forum go/merge would take a while to happen.

Any sort of time-frame you have in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Saitheron View Post
              I joined this forum in 2004 and it has been a great place to walk shoulder-to-shoulder with fellow Dragonlance fans. I picked up Dragons of Autumn Twilight for the first time back in 1986 and have never let the world go. This place (the forums) is highly sentimental to many, if not all, of us. There were some 'altercations' but all-in-all, we did strive to make the most of our shared adoration for what Weis and Hickman crafted. No matter where I need to go for my Dragonlance fix, I will go.

Also, I used to be rather active mostly under the in-character roleplaying section; but alas, everyone has left. There are still a lot of old roleplay storylines I'm still trying to copy and paste to my own website for longevity and nostalgia sake, so hopefully any sort of decision to let this forum go/merge would take a while to happen.

Any sort of time-frame you have in mind?

I may need a tissue. *sniff*

In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be working on moving these forums to a new server. It may be a temporary server as I work on upgrading the software and look to put some spam protection in place.

These forums have meant a lot to me, and I know they aren't the same as they once were. But you know what? We can still make a go out of it and have some fun. Even if it's limited.
              Trampas Whiteman
              ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

Comment

Right on, Trampas!
                Michael FalconerDragonlance FAQDragonlance Product ListThe Matter of Theology by Jeff Grubb

OSRIC (free PDF)

Comment

Thanks again for all your efforts sir!

Comment

Originally posted by maxvale View Post
                    Thanks again for all your efforts sir!
                    My pleasure.
                    Trampas Whiteman
                    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

Comment

Well, it looks like the move worked. Any unseen changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Weldon Chen View Post
                        I don't know. But now I have my excuse for thread necromancy. Check out my post on the old thread about Venger!

Comment

Mostly some updates on the back end. I'm still exploring this updated software myself.
                          Trampas Whiteman
                          ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

Comment

The biggest change as of right now is back-end server upgrades. There are some ideas that are being worked on which includes new software and features.

During the upgrades, I also setup downtime alarms. So, within a minute of the various sites such as the Forums, Lexicon, Podcast, etc. going down, we will be notified.

Comment

Thanks for saving the forums, especially since I don't have a FB account.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have one, either.
                                Formerly Daos Soulstaff

Comment

Working...
                                X