Announcement

Collapse

Dragonlance Forums Closing July 25th

Dear friends,

Nearly twenty years ago, the Dragonlance Forums were created to be an online hub of Dragonlance discussion. I have been very proud of the work we have done here.

All good things, though, must come to an end. There are several reasons....

a. No new posts in Novels since March. No new posts in gaming since May. In other words, next to no traffic.

b. Forums are a thing of the past, with a few exceptions (such as the Piazza!). People don't go somewhere looking for content. They want content to come to them.

c. The DL forums are a resource hog. I would have to get much more expensive hosting to keep them online, and that won't come cheap.

d. Maintenance. Honestly, vBulletin is a PITA. There's a major upgrade coming. I don't have the knowledge to tackle this. My son Travis does, but he's busy enough.

e. Currently, the forums are being hosted on a computer in my living room. This computer was at Travis' house, but he's trying to cut down expenses, so the computer came here to get the internet experience they need.

So while I would hate to see the forums go, I have come to realize that what I worked to create was really a community. That community has migrated over to Facebook to the Dragonlance Fandom group, and is something like 7,000 - 8,000 members strong.

With all of that being said, the Dragonlance Forums will close on Sunday, July 25th.

I wanted to say a huge thank you to all the moderators, authors, game designers, and contributors throughout the years.

And as Stan Lee would say...

"Face front, True Believers!"

Trampas Whiteman
Dragonlance Nexus
See more
See less

Dragonlance Art Gallery

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs More Dragons

Hey guys. This thread needs more dragons. Here's a giant sculpture that has been in progress on for about a year now.

Not exactly Dragonlance related, but everyone here probably knows what this statue is based off of if you followed Dragonlance or other TSR products in the 90s. The sculpture is about the size of a person.

Comment

• That's fantastic. Who's the artist?

Comment

• The piece is based off of Jeff Easley's "Big Red Dragon" painting. As for the sculpture itself, it's being done by myself and a friend.

Comment

• Braxus: Super sexy modelling skills. Looking fabulous and very Easley-esque!

It's been a long time since I've done any DL painting, but it feels nice to post something here again. I hope everyone is well.

Here's an interpretation of the Flaemchaldar from the Taladas campaign setting. Yes, I know it's not a literal representation, but I didn't think that would work too well as a static image.

Comment

• Beautiful and terrifying all at once, Munin. You can feel the soul-melting heat coming off of it. I love the skull iconography in the arches. Well done!

Comment

• my bronze dragon is here
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Braxus View Post
                Hey guys. This thread needs more dragons. Here's a giant sculpture that has been in progress on for about a year now.

Not exactly Dragonlance related, but everyone here probably knows what this statue is based off of if you followed Dragonlance or other TSR products in the 90s. The sculpture is about the size of a person.
                what did you make it out of?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin 1 the wizard View Post
                  my bronze dragon is here

Isn’t that Todd Lockwood’s piece from p. 71 of the 3.0e Monster Manual?
                  Last edited by Falconer; 02-22-2016, 08:58 PM.
                  Michael FalconerDragonlance FAQDragonlance Product ListThe Matter of Theology by Jeff Grubb

OSRIC (free PDF)

Comment

• also a piece I did for the dragonlance lexicon back in the day:

and the entry: http://dragonlancenexus.com/lexicon/...itle=High_Ogre

Comment

• Lord Soth on Throne

I will soon be in possession of this awesome Lord Soth piece....

ADMIN: Image removed due to explicit content.
                      Last edited by Dragonhelm; 07-19-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Admin:

Originally posted by Darksdale View Post
                        I will soon be in possession of this awesome Lord Soth piece....
                        Sorry to take down that pic (especially considering it was a Clyde Caldwell pic), but nudity goes against our code of conduct.
                        Trampas Whiteman
                        ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
                        -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Comment

• Samuval.jpg

hey guys long time no post but this is my rendition of Samuval the robber baron of Abananisia. from Post War of Souls. not sure why the picture is so small and blurry must of stuffed up some how.

Comment

Working...
                          X