Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to play Fifth Age (Saga System) online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play Fifth Age (Saga System) online?

I reeeeally want to play or DM a game using the Saga System online, but I haven't found a way to use the cards system, on roll20 or any other way. Has anyone tried playing this online?

Originally posted by Garth View Post
    I reeeeally want to play or DM a game using the Saga System online, but I haven't found a way to use the cards system, on roll20 or any other way. Has anyone tried playing this online?
    I have seen it on the workshop of Tabletop Simulator.

Sometimes the graphics download, sometimes they don’t.
    "Grammer and Spelling are in the other camp and they are suited up against me. They mock me with their big words!"

- J Meyer

Need maps? Check out my friend Zovya's fantasy setting Patreon and her upcoming sci-fi map patreon for high quality maps.

Keith Williams
    "B'naa"

Comment

I also asked this on Reddit and got a very good answer, I'm gonna paste it here:

"I ran a campaign of this on Roll20. Here's how I did it:
      • Scanned the cards and put each on in its own image file, with a standard size.
      • Created a Roll20 campaign, choosing "Dragonlance: 5th Age (SAGA System)" as the character sheet
      • In the campaign, selected "Make a new card deck." Then uploaded each card into the deck.
      • Toggled that deck on and viewable to all players.

Then during the session, I dealt each player a hand of cards and had them drag the card to the table in order to play it."

Comment

Originally posted by Garth View Post
        Well, technically, you can get the card system by d10 dice.

First d10 roll for suit
        1=Swords
        2=Helms
        3=Arrows
        4=Shields
        5=Moons
        6=Orbs
        7=Hearts
        8=Crowns
        9=Dragons
        10 = reroll

Second d10 roll is the value of the card. reroll any 10, except for Dragon.

However, what you lose is the balance inherent in a deck. In a card deck, once a card is used, it is placed away from the remaining deck. So a lot of "bad" cards will get used up, leaving good cards remaining in the deck.
        Although some people hated this, I found it quite natural, give you have a setting where neutral gods want to maintain a balance.
        Last edited by Weldon Chen; 08-24-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

There’s an interesting post here about a Settlers of Catan variant in which you use cards instead of dice. What you gain and what you lose by “flattening the randomness.” In short, is it more a source of frustration or more a source of fun, the drama and superstition surrounding the dice? The marveling and the cursing and the hoping?

Oh and hey, no neutral gods in the Fifth Age because there are no gods in the Fifth Age.
          Michael FalconerDragonlance FAQDragonlance Product ListThe Matter of Theology by Jeff Grubb

OSRIC (free PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Falconer View Post
            There’s an interesting post here about a Settlers of Catan variant in which you use cards instead of dice. What you gain and what you lose by “flattening the randomness.” In short, is it more a source of frustration or more a source of fun, the drama and superstition surrounding the dice? The marveling and the cursing and the hoping?

Oh and hey, no neutral gods in the Fifth Age because there are no gods in the Fifth Age.
            Yeah yeah. Call it faith that I feel the gods didn't disappear, they just had to help the mortals from a distance, through teachings, artifacts, and holy sites.
            Anyway, I have those catan device cards. And they really do give off a feeling that a "2" and a "12" will come, making the decision to start out at the bad hexes aren't so bad.

Comment

I hear ya on both counts.
              Michael FalconerDragonlance FAQDragonlance Product ListThe Matter of Theology by Jeff Grubb

OSRIC (free PDF)

Comment

You can create your own deck on roll20 the upload the card faces and backs. I have done it for my Savage Worlds games. It should work for Fifth Age too.
                There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.
                - Harry Dresden -

Comment

Originally posted by Aelfwyn
                  I've set up and played Saga on Roll20. I made my own electronic deck using tools I found on the old Nexus site and Google Drawings. I'm not sure if they are still available, but I can share mine with you if you want. I then uploaded each card to Roll20. It works, even if its homemade.
                  Aelfwyn , I copied your reply and moved it over here.

And I tagged you.
                  Trampas Whiteman
                  ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
                  -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Comment

Working...
                  X