Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Forums!

Greetings, everyone, and welcome to the new forums!

The Dragonlance Forums are now utilizing the latest version of vBulletin, offering new functionality and some nifty new themes. Unfortunately, the old theme was not compatible with the new forums.

For now, I recommend the Black Red theme. I may play around with themes later on to make something that fits in with the rest of the site better.

The new address is forums.dragonlancenexus.com. Please bookmark this. I will eventually set up dragonlanceforums.com to redirect here.

There will probably be some structural changes coming soon too. More on that when we have info.

I wanted to say thanks to all of you for your patience and loyalty. Also thanks to Shannon Appelcline for hosting the forums for so many years. Be sure to check out his Designers & Dragons series of history books on RPG history.

Finally, I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Trav (tjwmagic), who made this move possible. He did a great job and I couldn't be more proud.

So with that, let's keep on talking Dragonlance.

Long live the Lance!

Trampas Whiteman
"Dragonhelm"
Dragonlance Nexus
See more
See less

[AD&D] Variable Price Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AD&D] Variable Price Lists

Here’s a little project I did. Takes a lot of the headache or potential headache out of all the currency exchange rates given in The Original Series. All you do is hand the players the applicable price list wherever they are, and they know just what they can buy with the money the have! Cake! Adds flavor and interest and depth!

Price List – Seeker Lands
    Price List – Dragon Lands
    Price List – Solamnia
    Michael FalconerDragonlance FAQDragonlance Product ListThe Matter of Theology by Jeff Grubb

OSRIC (free PDF)

Wow, looks very comprehensive. I'll probably make use of it in my 2E Dragonlance games.
    Formerly Daos Soulstaff

Comment

Thanks! Glad to hear it might be of use to someone. Yeah, the OSRIC price list lies somewhere between 1e and 2e in comprehensiveness, and the 2e prices are somewhere higher than the Seeker Lands prices and lower than the Dragon Lands and Solamnic prices. So all in all it should hit the sweet spot. And I made sure to throw in the spyglass — a 2E favorite!
      Michael FalconerDragonlance FAQDragonlance Product ListThe Matter of Theology by Jeff Grubb

OSRIC (free PDF)

Comment

For me, part of the fun of getting into gritty details like this is it helps you think things through in logic of the imaginary world.

The concept of the medallion of faith (which is miraculously created upon the ordination of a true cleric) means you don’t have to buy a holy symbol. But let’s leave the holy symbol on the list, to help remind us that false religions are around (a nice bit of DL flavor), and because there might be other unforeseen reasons that knowing the value of such an item might be useful in a game, and because this might obliquely remind you about the medallion of faith. We will rename them to “religious” symbols, so as not to confuse the concept of “holy” (reserving that term for something actually divine and good).

Which brings us to holy water. It is best not to introduce the idea of false holy water. And I don’t suppose there is anywhere on Krynn (during the “steel era,” anyway) where you can buy holy water (the PCs being essentially responsible for the reestablishment of the cult). PCs will therefore have to create holy water, if they want it. Some game groups might look on this as a nuisance, but maybe others will find it an excuse to dig into an evocative area of the rules that they perhaps never even thought about before, and a neat way to immerse themselves in the unique flavor of Krynn.
        Last edited by Falconer; 09-19-2020, 10:06 AM.

OSRIC (free PDF)

Comment

Working...
        X