Sivak vs. Sivak: Death Throes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sivak vs. Sivak: Death Throes

I have something of a thought experiment. It's a scenario that may well come up in my current Dragonlance game, so I thought I'd ask around about it just in case.

When a Sivak dies, it's corpse shapechanges into the form of their killer. But let's say we have two sivaks fighting each other, and both are shapechanged to look like something else. (For the sake of simplicity, let's say one is a human and one is an elf.)

If the two sivaks fight each other in these forms, and one is killed, what form would the dead sivak take? Would it turn into the false form or the true form? For instance, if the human-sivak kills the elf-sivak, does the elf-sivak shapechange to appear as the human form or the sivak form of his killer?
    Formerly Daos Soulstaff

This goes along with a lot of scenarios.

For example, what if a sivak killed a druid that was wildshaped into a bear? Does the Sivak shapechange into the Druid? or into a Bear? A bear isn't a humanoid, so does the Sivak even shapeshift? What if the sivak was killed by the druid in the form of a bear? Does the Sivak's body turn into the druid? or the Bear? or does it explode?

Or another favorite, what if a sivak killed an humanoid undead, like a skeleton, zombie, vampire, or death knight? or was killed by any of them? Can the sivak shapeshift into the form of a zombie? or will he take on the image of the pre-zombie humanoid? (my answer is no. Undead aren't exactly humanoid in this usage of the game, therefore this doesn't apply.)

Personally, DM's choice. More personally, the easiest thing to do is say the "true" form wins. So in answer to your question: the true forms would be Sivaks'. But also consider sizes. the sivak explodes if killed by a creature of larger size. And a sivak cannot shapeshift into a large-sized creature like a sivak.

Comment

This goes along with a lot of scenarios.

For example, what if a sivak killed a druid that was wildshaped into a bear? Does the Sivak shapechange into the Druid? or into a Bear? A bear isn't a humanoid, so does the Sivak even shapeshift? What if the sivak was killed by the druid in the form of a bear? Does the Sivak's body turn into the druid? or the Bear? or does it explode?

Or another favorite, what if a sivak killed an humanoid undead, like a skeleton, zombie, vampire, or death knight? or was killed by any of them? Can the sivak shapeshift into the form of a zombie? or will he take on the image of the pre-zombie humanoid? (my answer is no. Undead aren't exactly humanoid in this usage of the game, therefore this doesn't apply.)

Personally, DM's choice. More personally, the easiest thing to do is say the "true" form wins. So in answer to your question: the true forms would be Sivaks'. But also consider sizes. the sivak explodes if killed by a creature of larger size. And a sivak cannot shapeshift into a large-sized creature like a sivak.

Comment

Working...
      X